Gugnir's Black Powder Shop

Past the alchemists’ quarter, which is past the butchers and tanners, right on the river and a good distance from any of its neighbors is an unassuming building from which the alchemists of Lepidstadt get their supply of black powder. The grizzled old dwarf who runs the place likes to talk about firearms, ammunition and old battles won or lost, not necessarily in that order. He does not deal in salt shot, pitted bullets or burrowing bullets, as he considers one pointless and the other two cowardly. There is a 75% chance he will have dragon’s breath or entangling shot cartridges in stock, and the same chance for dry load cartridges. He will have adamantine or tracer bullets in stock 25% of the time. In addition to the other items on the Firearms Gear Table, Gugnir also sells his specially formulated masterwork black powder, aka “The Good Stuff.” Gugnir’s masterwork powder reduces the misfire chance of a firearm by one, to a minimum of one. Gugnir charges an additional 6 gp each for a dose of masterwork black powder or an alchemical cartridge made with masterwork powder. Gugnir will also sell his masterwork powder to customers with the Gunsmithing feat who have not pissed him off or rubbed him the wrong way as a raw material at an additional 3 gp in raw materials cost over the usual 10% per dose or cartridge. Gugnir does not usually deal in firearms, but exceptional examples infrequently find their way into his shop.

Gugnir is an honest dwarf, and points out to Auran that he will not benefit from using “The Good Stuff” in his pistol unless he uses it to craft an alchemical cartridge or loads it after suffering a misfire.

Gugnir's Black Powder Shop

Carrion Crown Castaigne